Recruitment Privacy Notice
LAST UPDATED: 15/01/2019
This Privacy Notice tells you what data we collect, why we collect it and what we do with it in relation to our recruitment processes. You can also find information on the rights you have to manage your data.
Who we are
We are Barbon Insurance Group Limited (“we”, “us” or “our”) and you will know us by our brand names:
- HomeLet, Rentshield Direct, and Movem.
The Data Controller is a person or organisation that determines the purposes and the manner in which any personal data is processed. For the purposes of the recruitment process, regardless of which brand you are dealing with, we are the Data Controller.
The following notice sets out how we will use and protect your personal data in relation to recruitment. We are committed to protecting your information and ensure that all policies and procedures followed are done so in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 2018.
How we collect and use your information
We will only use your information where we are allowed to by law e.g. carrying out an agreement we have with you, fulfilling a legal obligation, because we have a legitimate business interest or where you consent to it. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
If you are contacting us for the purposes of employment we will collect your information on the basis of your consent. The personal data we will collect will include your name, address, telephone number, email address and employment history.
As part of the recruitment process you may be asked to provide sensitive information for the purposes of equal opportunities and employment background checks. Supplying sensitive information for equal opportunities is entirely optional, however, for the purposes of the employment background checks we will need to collect the following information with your explicit consent; credit history and criminal convictions.
Further details on how we will use your information when in employment, will be provided to you in your contract of employment, and supporting company policies.
If you are successful with your application, your home telephone number will be shared with your Manager and also held centrally by the person with overall responsibility for the disaster recovery plan. You will need to advise the HR Department of any change to that number.
The information requested during the application process is to enable us to assess your suitability for employment with the Company and will be used as the basis for selection and interviewing should you be invited to attend interview. Dependant on your indication during the application process, the named third parties may be contacted for reference purposes either, before an offer of employment with the Company is made, or, after an offer of employment has been made and accepted. All information will be held by the HR Department and access given only to HR Staff or Senior Managers within the Group. You may be asked to complete other questionnaires and tests designed to assist in the recruitment process. By agreeing to the Recruitment Privacy Notice you give us your express consent to retain and process all the information obtained from such items. If employed, your results may also be used by the Company in later career development and/or job role changes.
By agreeing to the Recruitment Privacy Notice you confirm you have read and understood your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 and you give consent to information provided and Employment References being collected and processed. You also confirm you are aware that this will happen on application to the Company and will not depend on the successful outcome of that application.
How long we will keep your information
If you have an unsuccessful employment application, we will retain your information for a period not less than six months. It will also be used to analyse recruitment management information such as number of applicants per vacancy and recruitment costs. After six months all forms and ancillary information relating to unsuccessful applicants will be destroyed.
If your employment application is successful we will retain your information throughout your employment with us and for a period not less than six years following employment termination.
You have a number of rights relating to your information e.g. to see what we hold, ask us to update incorrect or incomplete details, to object to or restrict processing of it or to make a complaint.
- At any time, you can request a copy of all personal data held by Barbon, along with details of the processing undertaken and any 3rd parties with whom the data is shared with. This information will be provided to you free of charge and within a month of the request being received.
- Should we, at any time, process data which is incorrect, you have the right to request this be rectified free of charge and within a month of the request being received. Where the data has been shared with 3rd parties we will take appropriate steps to ensure they are updated with the correct information.
- If at any time, our processing causes unwarranted and substantial damage or distress to you, you can request for us to delete your information. This is known as the right to be forgotten. Any request received will be assessed on a case by case basis and any actions we take will be confirmed to you in writing.
- You can object to any processing being undertaken by us, however, some products and services require an element of processing for these to be provided. Where the objection relates to marketing activity, you will be able to object easily via the method of which the marketing is provided to you.
- Where you have provided your personal data on the basis of consent, you can withdraw this consent at any time. Where you withdraw your consent, and there is no lawful basis to continue processing your data we will cease the processing immediately.
Should you have any queries, concerns, or even complaints, about how we have processed your information you can raise these directly to our Data Protection Officer using any of the following methods:
Post: Data Protection Officer, Hestia House, Edgewest Road, Lincoln, LN6 7EL
Any complaints raised will be investigated thoroughly and a full detailed response provided to you. If you remain unhappy with the outcome of your complaint you have the right to raise this further with the Information Commissioner’s Office(ICO). The ICO can be contacted via any of the following methods:
Post: ICO, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113
Company Registration No - 03135797
What We Offer