Barbon Gender Pay Reporting 2019
As at 5th April 2019, Barbon reports a median pay gap of 5.5%. Our data reflects a higher proportion of male employees at senior levels and in certain functions such as IT.
Our gender split of “receiving bonus” and “pay quartiles” are closely matched between male and female distribution. Overall across the business we continue to employ more female employees than male employees.
To support our culture of equality, we remain committed to the following actions:
• Look to recruit a female NED should a vacancy arise, and the right candidate be found whilst continuing to appoint the ‘best person’ into a role irrespective of gender; we aren’t supportive of a ‘quota’ target approach
• Continue to develop our own talent to support the relatively high proportion of female staff across the business progressing their careers in Barbon all the way to senior leadership roles
• Insist our external recruitment providers demonstrate they have searched across the market for the best talent as evidenced in the gender balance of candidates they present to us
• Continue to promote and use flexible working options for all levels of employees, irrespective of gender, to support work/life balance and career progression
• Commit to equal pay for equal jobs irrespective of gender
Gender Pay and Bonus reporting difference between males and females
Proportion of Males and Females who receive a bonus
Proportion of Males and females in each pay quartile
Our data is accurate and has been calculated according to the requirements of The Equality Act 2010 (Gender Pay Gap Information) Regulations 2017